BEST Rose Petals For A Wedding | 2023
Throwing flower petals is a timeless tradition that has been a part of weddings for generations. This beautiful ritual symbolizes the joy and happiness of the newlyweds and adds a touch of romance to the celebration.
Who doesn't love to see soft petals showering a newlywed couple after their ceremony? Not only is it traditional and beautiful, it makes for fantastic photos as well.
What Types Of Flower Petals Are Thrown At A Wedding?
There are many different types of flower petals that can be used for throwing during a wedding, both fresh flower petals and dried flowers . Some of the most popular options include:
- Rose petals: Red rose petals are a classic choice, as they symbolize love and passion.
- Lavender: Lavender is a great choice for a more relaxed and laid-back wedding, as they are associated with peace and calm, these are best used dry though
- Peony petals: Peony petals are large and fluffy, making them a popular choice for a romantic and dreamy wedding. These will be fresh petals and will not last long before wilting.
- Hydrangea petals: Hydrangea petals are soft and delicate, and come in a variety of colors, making them a versatile option, both dry or fresh.
- Jasmine petals: Jasmine petals have a delicate, sweet fragrance and are associated with love and happiness.
- Mixed petals: A mix of different kinds or colors of petals can create a unique and colorful look. You can get these as fresh or dry petals and can choose your colors to mix.
Ultimately, the type of petals you choose will depend on your personal preference and the theme of your wedding.
Today, we are going to talk about rose petals for a wedding decor.
Let's get into it!
Rose Petals For A Wedding
Rose petals are considered by many as the best choice of flower petal for throwing at weddings, due to several reasons:
- Symbolism: Red roses are a symbol of love and passion, making them a fitting choice for a wedding, although there are many color choices when it comes to rose petals
- Aesthetics: Rose petals are small and delicate, which creates a beautiful and romantic look when they are tossed in the air.
- Versatility: Rose petals come in a variety of colors, allowing you to choose a hue that complements the color scheme of your wedding.
- Availability: Roses are widely available, making it easy to find a large quantity of petals in your desired color, for an affordable price
- Scent: Many people associate roses with a pleasant fragrance, which can add to the ambiance and atmosphere of the wedding.
These reasons combined make rose petals a popular and traditional choice for throwing at weddings, and help to create a beautiful and romantic moment for the newlyweds.
First off, the options we are going to share today come from a fantastic company with rave reviews online, who sell their freeze dried rose petals.
Why Freeze Dried Rose Petals?
Freeze dried rose petals are the best choice for throwing at weddings because they offer several benefits over fresh petals. Some of the reasons why freeze dried rose petals are the best for a wedding include:
- Longevity: Freeze dried rose petals have a longer shelf life compared to fresh petals, allowing you to keep them for a longer period of time without worrying about them wilting or losing their color. There would be nothing worse than opening up your rose petals on the big day and seeing them browning or wilting.
- Convenience: Freeze dried rose petals are easy to store and transport, making them a convenient option for weddings, particularly destination weddings.
- Consistent Quality: Freeze dried petals have a consistent color, size, and texture, which ensures that they will look beautiful and uniform when thrown at the wedding.
- Versatility: Freeze dried rose petals come in a variety of colors, allowing you to choose the hue that best complements the color scheme of your wedding.
Affordability: Freeze dried rose petals are often more affordable than fresh petals, making them a cost-effective choice for weddings.
These benefits make them a popular choice for couples looking to create a romantic and memorable moment on their special day, plus, it is very hard to tell the difference between these and fresh petals.
Here are the best rose petals for your wedding ceremony or wedding decor
1. White Rose Petals
White roses are often associated with purity, innocence, and new beginnings, making them a fitting choice for a wedding. In weddings, white roses symbolize the innocence and purity of the bride and the start of a new life together with her partner. They are often used in bridal bouquets, centerpieces, and decor to create a beautiful and timeless look.
White roses also symbolize love, respect, and admiration, and can be given as a symbol of appreciation and gratitude to someone you care about. Their versatility and timeless appeal make them a popular choice for weddings and other special occasions.
These freeze dried rose petals are made from REAL roses, perfectly preserved to look beautiful on your special day.
2. Classic Red Rose Petals
Red roses are a popular and timeless choice for weddings due to their strong symbolism of love and passion. In weddings, red roses are often used to represent the deep and abiding love between the bride and groom. They are often incorporated into the bridal bouquet, centerpieces, and decor to add a pop of color and a touch of romance to the celebration.
The bright red color of the roses also symbolizes the intensity of love and the passion that the couple feels for each other. In many cultures, red roses are a traditional symbol of love and have been used in weddings for centuries.
The use of red roses in a wedding is a way for the couple to publicly express their love and commitment to each other and to share this special moment with their friends and family.
Overall, red roses play a significant role in weddings and are a timeless symbol of love, passion, and commitment.
3. Pink, White and Shades Of Red Rose Petals
For those wanting a combination of color, perhaps to match their own wedding colors or to add a bit of fun to their rose petals, this choice of red, white and shades of pink is a gorgeous combination.
These petals are another freeze dried option. Here is how they are made:
We start with large South American roses (the same ones florists use), remove all the petals one by one, then process them in our freeze dryers which remove all of the moisture over the course of two weeks while they are frozen. Once they are preserved, we sort through the petals to find only the best ones to custom package your order. The result is stunning!
4. Soft Pixie Pink
These rose petals are totally enchanting and romantic. Ultra soft champagne white which has an ombre touch of pink in them, these are the ultimate in soft and sweet blooms.
These would look beautiful not just for throwing, but to line the aisle as you walk towards your partner, lining the way along the floor.
5. Rosy Mauve Pink
This is a blend that takes the cooler pink hue of the roses. This blue would compliment other shades of cool pink, purple, pink, blue or violet beautifully.
Sprinkle these here and there for pops of soft pink color, and you can incorporate them into your bouquet or onto your tables as well.
6. Rose Petal Confetti
For the colorful brides or grooms, here is some gorgeous, multi colored rose petals that will sure to get the attention of the party.
These petals include shades of white, peach, blush pink, soft purple, violet, mauve, crimson and yellow. These are a fun and elegant touch for your big event, and will look gorgeous as they float down from being tossed in the air. What a beautiful and lively decoration.
7. Real Blue Rose Petals
It is so hard to find true, blue rose petals that are of a high quality and caliber. These blooms showcase different shades of blue through the petal, from a soft light blue to a twilight deeper shade.
Rose petals are a really beautiful touch for special events like a ceremony at a wedding. Sprinkle them down the aisle, or throw them on the air and watch them softly float on the breeze as flower petals shower the newlyweds.
You can purchase freeze dried rose petals in bulk way before your big day, and they will keep perfectly in their box or container until ready to use. Just remember, always purchase more than you think you will need when you are at the online checkout.
Wholesale flowers can come in ten cups or more in quantity, so, really think about how many you will need and if you will want to sprinkle some elsewhere after the ceremony, for example, around your centerpieces, on the head table or main tables for dinner, near the guest book signing, or around the dance floor. It is always better to have too many, than too few.
Again, freeze dried rose petals will hold up perfectly, so you can reuse them from the wedding ceremony to the party afterwards, making them a great, reusable, budget friendly option!
We hope we helped you find your dream rose petals for your big day!
We will leave a Pinterest pin for you below so you can save this article and come back to it again from Pinterest, or, you can bookmark this page to come back anytime we are always updating!
Remember to check out these printable wedding planners or find the best wedding planning books here
Check out this Wedding Wish List Pin Page, where every item can be pinned to your wedding planning Pinterest board, and links directly to the item you are pinning.
Here are some other wedding resources you won't find anywhere else:
Wedding Gifts & Registry Ideas
The BEST Wedding Dress Shops on Etsy
BEST Wedding Jewelry Shops on Etsy
Raw Diamond Engagement Rings & Wedding Jewelry
Photo Memory Charms to wear on your Bouquet
Blinged Up Converse Wedding Sneakers